Barefooting forces you to become present. You are mindful, of what you’re doing. You are no longer the disconnected, robotic runner, who from their footwear up to their headgear are no longer even connected to their body. Not sensitized to the incredibly sophisticated systems that we’ve inherited, that are mostly precociousness, but that require the ability to feel the world.
Have you ever wondered why you have so much feeling on the bottom of your feet?
Really worth the hour investment that this watching this talk if you’re even remotely interested in running, shod or unshod.
- alwayseatyourvegetables reblogged this from disaffected-libertarian
- stasisnomore reblogged this from disaffected-libertarian
- whyismiledtoday likes this
- disaffected-libertarian reblogged this from heymikewaskom
- insignificant-mountain reblogged this from mmik
- mmik reblogged this from heymikewaskom
- thricenice likes this
- agent-branflakes reblogged this from heymikewaskom
- agent-branflakes likes this
- heymikewaskom likes this
- shehulkismyfitspo reblogged this from heymikewaskom
- starklawz likes this
- neu-capsule reblogged this from heymikewaskom
- neu-capsule likes this
- quixotic-andyoucantstopme likes this
- drydenlane likes this
- meghanwaslike likes this
- fayefactorial likes this
- heymikewaskom posted this